New visualization and reporting turn risk and compliance data into actionable insights for security decision-makers
Ashburn, Va. – April 6, 2016 – Telos® Corporation, a leading provider of continuous security solutions and services for the world’s most security-conscious agencies and organizations, today announced the launch of Xacta® Assessment Engine 5.0, the next-generation of IT governance, risk and compliance (IT GRC). Deployed in defense, civilian and intelligence agencies across the federal government, Xacta AE enables enterprises to continuously manage risk and security compliance, as well as automatically manage key elements of security authorizations. Based on extensive customer feedback and testing, Telos developed the advanced version to meet the needs of security professionals and decision-makers alike.
A significant new feature is Xacta SmartView™, a fully customizable visualization and reporting module that brings together data sets to create an executive view of an organization’s security and compliance posture. The intuitive and user-friendly dashboard makes it easy for CISOs and other security decision-makers to pull reports, see what items need attention and gain actionable insights into risk and compliance.
“The two things organizations are demanding in GRC related solutions are ease of use and relevant analytics and reporting,” said Michael Rasmussen, J.D., GRC pundit and founder, GRC 20/20 Research. “Organizations need 360-degree situational awareness of their risks in a context that is meaningful and relevant. Xacta AE 5.0 is delivering this ease of use and situational awareness, particularly in the Xacta SmartView executive dashboard.”
“Tried and tested at the highest level of security-conscious organizations, Telos has a long history at the forefront of innovation in security solutions and services,” said John B. Wood, president and CEO, Telos. “With the latest release of Xacta AE, we continue our commitment to a better approach to risk management and compliance, so agencies can stop focusing on the process, and instead focus on fulfilling their missions more effectively.”
Xacta AE enables security professionals to effectively manage risk on a day-to-day basis through continuous monitoring, information assurance and ongoing authorization in on-premise and cloud computing environments. By automating the processes involved in complying with federal security mandates, Xacta AE provides agencies a comprehensive view of their security and compliance posture for immediate analysis and action.
“Telos is the undisputed leader and expert in streamlining security authorizations, as evidenced by our involvement since the Computer Security Act of 1987 triggered compliance requirements for federal agencies,” said Katie Sheldon Hammler, Xacta product manager, Telos. “We are proud of Xacta’s new enhancements, which are a culmination of actively listening and responding to customers’ great feedback.”
Xacta AE’s new and enhanced features include:
- Xacta SmartView – Xacta’s visualization and reporting module brings together data sets to create an executive view of organizations’ security and compliance posture. The new Xacta SmartView turns risk and compliance data into visible, actionable insights for CISOs and other security decision-makers.
- Ease of Use – With new navigation menus, the ability to show or hide columns, search options and a customizable view, the new Xacta AE is easy to use and to navigate.
- Classification Marking Improvements – Following the latest official standards, Xacta AE now provides users helpful hints for creating and automatically organizing custom markings.
- Improved Workflow Insights – A new “My Assignments” dashboard lets users see tasks and projects they’re assigned to. Each task page includes a progress bar to know the status of action items and provide visibility into the approval chain, as well as a NIST RMF Process progress bar.
- Custom Process Steps – The ability to add custom steps ensures that organizations can capture the information they care most about by adding or removing fields and creating new ones. This feature facilitates the workflow process and eliminates the need for additional task approvals.
- POA&M Improvements – By tightly linking security assessment, risk elements and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) elements, users can track which risk elements have POA&Ms and which don’t, as well as when risk elements are overdue for remediation. Xacta AE also provides the option to create POA&Ms based on risk elements.
- Embedded Computer-based Training – Users have instant access to video tutorials to ensure they understand new templates and upgraded features.
- Designed, Tested and Optimized for the Cloud – Xacta AE has been architected to work flawlessly with leading cloud platforms.
Xacta AE simplifies risk and compliance, a typically complicated and time-consuming process. It enables agencies to collect extensive IT asset inventory data and generate the reports and documentation needed for regulatory compliance, saving significant time. Configurable to each organization’s needs, Xacta AE enables customers to easily access and visualize the compliance data they need to make mission decisions faster and more effectively.
To learn more about Xacta, visit www.telos.com.
About Telos Corporation
Telos Corporation empowers and protects the world’s most security-conscious agencies and organizations with solutions and services for continuous security assurance of individuals, systems and information. Telos’ offerings include cyber security solutions and services for IT risk management and information security; secure mobility to protect globally connected organizations; and identity management to establish trust in personnel and continuously monitor for insider threats. Its flagship product suite, Xacta, is an advanced IT governance, risk and compliance (IT GRC) platform with an intuitive interface for managing tasks and configurable executive dashboard for situation awareness. The company serves military, intelligence and civilian agencies of the federal government, allied nations and commercial organizations around the world. For more information, visit www.telos.com and follow on Twitter @TelosNews.