NIST SP 800-53, Rev. 5
Next Generation Security and Privacy Controls for Systems and Organizations
These days, cybersecurity and privacy are at the top of everyone’s short list of concerns, from CIOs and CISOs to CEOs, board members and especially customers. NIST has been working to alleviate the growing burdens of security and privacy compliance as reflected in the pending release of Revision 5 of NIST SP 800-53, their consolidated and comprehensive controls catalog.
In this on-demand webinar, we’ll sit for an interview with Dr. Ron Ross, a Fellow at the National Institute of Standards and Technology to discuss:
- The impending NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 5 release, specifically:
- The new privacy controls
- New control families and reorganization
- Value to public and private sector enterprises
- How Rev 5 will help organizations with audit fatigue, standards harmonization, and other security and compliance challenges
- NIST SP 800-37 rev2
- Step 0 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Its applicability to the cloud and CI/CD development
- NIST SP 800-207 (draft) on Zero Trust architectures
Why you should watch this presentation
This webinar will provide both the public and private sector with details and rationale for NIST’s largest and most impactful updates to their consolidated controls catalog. Risk, compliance and security operations staff will obtain valuable insights into the changes and trajectory of the NIST SP series as it evolves with the current and future states of IT and cybersecurity.