ONYX: Fast, touchless, secure fingerprinting.
ONYX® is the world’s first, most widely deployed, and most accurate touchless fingerprint biometric for mobile.
True Mobile Biometrics
Whether you’re building a new biometric system or leveraging an existing platform, from banking and financial services to healthcare, from enterprise authentication and consumer authentication to physical access and security, ONYX will provide you with the ease of deployment and reliability you need.
The ONYX SDK is our core solution. It can be used for native iOS and Android development and HTML5 multi-platform development via our ONYX Cordova plugin. The ONYX SDK provides core biometric functionality:
ONYX uses our proprietary neural network, CaptureNet™, to detect the fingers in the camera field of view, automatically capture them once they’re in focus, and segment each fingertip into a separate image file.
Our patented image processing technique, ONYXCore™, performs a normalization method on the captured images to return, high contrast, high resolution, accurate fingerprint images.
Our proprietary AI liveness detection and anti-spoofing (LDAS) service, ONYXlive™, is the only real, reliable liveness solution available on the market for touchless mobile fingerprint biometrics.
Bundled with our main capture and processing components is our matching algorithm, that can perform 1:1, 1:N up to 50,000 records on the mobile device.
WSQ On-Device – Integrated into the ONYX library is the ability to perform high-speed image compression via a NIST standard Wavelet Scalar Quantization algorithm on iOS or Android.
Image Output – ONYX contains methods to retrieve the fingerprint imagery for processing, storage, or transmission in various formats:
- Raw – The Raw Image Collected by ONYX
- Preprocessed – The grayscale Fingerprint
- Enhanced – The Preprocessed Image with our Proprietary Enhancement Algorithm Applied
- Black & White – The Preprocessed Image in Black & White.
AFIS Interoperability – The ONYX SDK provides several functions to facilitate integration with third-party on-server matching algorithms, and matching against enrollments from touch-based sensors, commonly found in an AFIS environment:
- Image Inversion – Inverts ridge/valley color to orient the coloring the same as touch-based fingerprints
- Image Flipping – Provides a mirror image of the fingerprint to orient the image the same as touch-based fingerprints
- Image Pyramiding – Image pyramiding was designed to accommodate for scaling variation inherent in optical fingerprint acquisition. On a touch-based capture system, the print is captured on a platen of known size, so it is easy to tell the exact size of the print. With ONYX and other optical mechanisms, the size of the finger pad is not so easy to discern. Using ONYX’s image pyramiding feature, multiple print images with slightly different scales are transmitted for verification, compensating for scale inaccuracies and drastically improving matching performance. We always recommend using image pyramiding, and without it, ONYX may produce less than optimal results.
How ONYX is leveling the playing field in financial services.
ONYX is helping to radically change the way people securely interact with financial services. Through the power of remote biometric verification that leverages existing trusted identity infrastructure, KYC and AML compliant platforms are opening the door to fast, convenient, and inclusive financial ecosystems.
IDTrust360 Know Your Customer
Solving “Know Your Customer” challenges during onboarding and transaction processing.
Connect with the Power of ONYX
Get in touch with us to learn more about the power of ONYX for touchless mobile fingerprint biometrics.
Download the demo app to begin the journey to truly powerful and simple ubiquitous security.