Business and Government Experts to Serve Four-Year Terms, Provide Guidance on Identity Management Standards
ASHBURN, Va. –October 6, 2015 –Telos Vice President, Identity Management Solutions Lisa E. Kimball was appointed October 2nd by Gov. Terry McAuliffe to serve a four-year term as one of five business representatives on the newly created Virginia Identity Management Standards Advisory Council.
The eight-member public-private state advisory panel was established by legislation that was originally introduced by Del. Tom Rust (R-Herndon) and Sen. John Watkins (R-Chesterfield) and co-patroned by Dels. Randy Minchew (R-Loudoun) and Glenn Davis (R-Virginia Beach).
Under the provisions of the new law, the Council will advise the Secretary of Technology on the adoption of identity management standards and the creation of guidance for adopting:
- Nationally recognized technical and data standards regarding the verification and authentication of identity in digital and online transactions
- Minimum specifications and standards to be included in an identity trust framework to warrant liability protection
- Other related data standards or specifications concerning reliance by third parties on identity credentials
Telos Corporation CEO John Wood said, “Lisa Kimball is widely recognized within the identity management sector as an expert on the very subjects the Council is charged with addressing. This is the right way for Virginia to approach such a highly technical and critical issue –get the most knowledgeable people together from the private sector to work with state officials to identify the best approach. By appointing Lisa and the other subject matter experts to the Council, Gov. McAuliffe has done just that.”
Ms. Kimball has been employed in the private sector in identity management for over two decades, the past nine years with Telos ID. She serves as one of Telos’ corporate subject matter experts for government and industry identity-related frameworks, models, policies and directives, including HSPD-12, DHS’ CDM, FICAM and the SAFETY Act. Telos Corporation has a 50% ownership interest in Telos ID (Telos Identity Management Solutions LLC).
Ms. Kimball also serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce and was honored by the Chamber as its 2014 Executive Leader of the Year for her work in Loudoun County, including the many worthwhile causes she has devoted countless hours to as a volunteer. She was profiled by Loudoun Business Journal in 2012 as one of “8 Women to Watch” and has been active in Women in Technology and the Loudoun County Commission on Women.
The members appointed Oct. 2 by Gov. McAuliffe to serve on the Virginia Identity Management Standards Advisory Council are:
- Dave Burhop of Richmond, Deputy Commissioner/CIO, Department of Motor Vehicles
- Katie Crepps of Powhatan, Vice President, Card Tech, Capital One
- Jeremy Grant of Washington, DC, Managing Director, The Chertoff Group
- Lisa E. Kimball of Ashburn, Vice President, Identity Management Solutions, Telos Corporation
- Nelson P. Moe of Chester, Chief Information Officer of the Commonwealth, Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- Tom Moran of Columbia, MD, Executive Director, All Hazards Consortium
- Michael Watson of Chester, Chief Information Security Officer of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- Jeffrey Zubricki of Washington, DC, Director, Public Affairs and Government Relations, Walmart
About Telos Corporation
Telos Corporation empowers and protects the world’s most security-conscious enterprises with solutions and services for continuous security assurance of individuals, systems, and information. Telos offerings include cyber security solutions and services for IT risk management and information security; secure mobility to protect globally connected enterprises; and identity management to establish trust in personnel and continuously monitor for insider threats. The company serves military, intelligence and civilian agencies of the federal government, allied nations, and commercial organizations around the world. For more information, visit www.telos.com.