Special Designation Expands Company’s ASCA Work throughout the Air Force to Include Space Systems
(December 15, 2015) – Air Force Space Command’s Security Control Assessor (SCA) has authorized Telos® Corporation to act as its Special Agent to conduct system accreditations.
“We’re proud of our long history supporting the Air Force with superior cyber security and risk management services,” said Bernie McGuinness, senior security engineer for Telos. “Having acted for years as a general agent of the Air Force SCA, with this new designation we will streamline system accreditations for Space Command as well.”
Telos provides cyber security and risk management services and solutions throughout the Department of Defense. As a general Agent of the Security Control Assessor (ASCA) for the Air Force, and now as a special ASCA for Air Force Space Command, Telos serves as an independent and trusted agent to conduct system security assessments, test and evaluate systems, and develop the requisite documentation in support of the DoD’s assessment and authorization process. Services authorized under the licenses include:
- Testing systems, networks, applications, and Platform IT (PIT) security and protection features
- Evaluating system documentation, policies, processes, procedures, and operations environments
- Inputting assessment results into eMASS (enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service), the DoD’s information assurance application, and working with the SCA and Certifying Authority to ensure projects are approved in a timely manner
- Validating compliance with CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53 r4, and other pertinent DoD security control guidance with remediation recommendations for non-compliant controls
- Delivering the Security Assessment Report (SAR) and the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) in accordance with the RMF for DoD IT
About Telos Corporation
Telos Corporation empowers and protects the world’s most security-conscious enterprises with solutions and services for continuous security assurance of individuals, systems, and information. Telos offerings include cyber security solutions and services for IT risk management and information security; secure mobility to protect globally connected enterprises; and identity management to establish trust in personnel and continuously monitor for insider threats. The company serves military, intelligence and civilian agencies of the federal government, allied nations, and commercial organizations around the world. For more information, visit www.telos.com.