Telos to Perform Security Assessments on Systems Up to Top Secret/SCI
ASHBURN, Va. – September 9, 2014 –The Air Force Security Control Assessor has appointed Telos®Corporation to act as a general Agent of the Security Control Assessor (ASCA).
“Telos has a long history supporting Air Force customers with superior cybersecurity services,” said Telos Project Manager Melinda Signorella. “As an independent agent of the SCA, we can compress the timeline to ATO (authorization to operate) by months.”
Telos provides cybersecurity and risk management services and solutions throughout the Department of Defense. As a general ASCA, Telos serves as an independent and trusted agent of the Air Force Security Control Assessor to conduct system security assessments, test and evaluate systems, and develop the requisite documentation in support of the DOD’s assessment and authorization process. Services authorized under the general license include:
- Testing systems, networks, applications, and Platform IT (PIT) security and protection features
- Evaluating system documentation, policies, processes, procedures, and operations environments
- Inputting assessment results into eMASS (enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service), the DoD’s information assurance application, and working with the SCA to ensure projects are approved in a timely manner
- Validating compliance with CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53 r4, and other pertinent DoD security control guidance with remediation recommendations for non-compliant controls
- Delivering the Security Assessment Report (SAR) in accordance with the RMF for DoD IT
- Assisting customers with the transition from DIACAP to RMF
About Telos Corporation
Telos Corporation is an information technology leader that delivers solutions that empower and protect the world’s most security-conscious enterprises. The company empowers customers with secure solutions that leverage mobile communication and real-time collaboration and protect their critical operational and tactical systems so they can safely conduct their global missions. Telos offers cybersecurity and information assurance solutions and services, secure network solutions, mission applications, network management and defense capabilities, secure communications, and identity and access solutions. The company serves military, intelligence and civilian agencies of the federal government, allied nations, and commercial organizations around the world. For more information, visit www.telos.com.